I hope each and every one of you are healthy and have your most valuable needs (shelter, food, healthy- family & friends) met during this time.
My goal is to stay in touch and offer practices that may help ease your body, mind, and spirit during periods of information-overload and situation-overwhelm. This week's practice is simple and can be done anytime you're feeling the need of a reset.
Postural set up
Sit in a comfortable chair, crown of head lifted, chest open, belly relaxed, open palms (facing ceiling) on lap, feet flat on floor.
Take long deep breaths in through your nose allowing the belly to expand as the diaphragm moves downward, and exhale out your mouth with softened jawline and relaxed brow.
Attention & noticing
With each breath cycle focus on the following:
1. Breath #1- Bring your attention to your palms...notice any sensations of heaviness, tingling, or warmth.
2. Breath #2- Guide your attention to the bottoms of your feet...notice toes and forefoot position (encourage them to soften, uncurl, and open), root the outside and inside edges of your feet down, connect to the floor...foundation...and earth.
3. Breath #3- Allow this in-breath to expand your chest cavity (ribs wide, collarbones lifted, sternum wide), as you exhale relax your face, neck, shoulders, belly, and pelvic floor.
Part 2- gratitude-attitude
Use same breath technique- in through the nose, out the mouth. Focus on the following:
1. Breath #1- Bring to your mind's eye to several beings that you're grateful for (pets included).
2. Breath #2- Bring awareness to needs that are being met during this time...food, warm home, clean water, face masks, technology- making it possible for kid's education and virtual work to continue.
3. Breath #3 Repeat in your head and heart "help me stay open to life's gifts during this period of social distancing, family inter-connectedness, and economic shifts.”
Thanks for all your messages. I'm grateful for your friendship, honor the path you're on, and stand beside you.
Happy practicing 💜
Becky Widschwenter- Mindful Movement with Becky